Save the date! The next Yelm Prairie Days will be June 28-30, 2019.
Schedule of Events
*This is a draft schedule and is subject to change. Details will be added as information is finalized.
Friday, June 28
The Yelm Education Foundation will hold a GOLF TOURNAMENT at Tahoma Valley Golf Course. Information to come.
6-10 p.m., STREET DANCE on Second Street next to the Community Center. Enjoy an evening of music and dancing complete with food trucks and wine/beer garden.
Saturday, June 29
9:30-11 a.m., the PRAIRIE DAYS PARADE will run from Tornado Alley behind Yelm High School, down Tahoma Boulevard to Yelm Avenue and ending at Yelm Middle School.
TRACTOR SHOW (Time and location TBD)
11 a.m. to 10 p.m., YELM CITY PARK OPENS
- FOOD TRUCKS will be open all day. (For food vendor inquiries, contact Becki McGinnis at 360-402-4667 or Bekkalee@msn.com)
- Yelm FARMERS MARKET will be open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on McKenzie Avenue.
Activities in the park will include:
- Climbing wall
- Fire department activities
- Kids building workshop
- Portable bowling
- Military display
- Pie Baking Contest (Time TBD)
- Magnificent Mutt Show (Time TBD)
- Fire safety smoke house
- Dunk Tank
- Thurston County Sheriff’s Office display
- Children’s fishing pond
- Water balloon toss with state Rep. Andrew Barkis
- Egg toss with state Rep. JT Wilcox
- Quilting display
- VFW display
- Kid’s historic games
- Chicken BINGO
- Photo booth
- Drama event (TBD)
- Kids games with Church of Living Water
- 1st Special Forces
- Stomp Rockets with Boy Scouts
- Kids derby races with Boy Scouts
- Wilderness survival with Boy Scouts
- Jazz Line performance
- Cotton Candy provided by Crossroads Community Covenant Church
- Game Booth with Crossroads
12-10 p.m., Music on the small stage
(Note most of these park events will continue on Sunday)
Sunday, June 30
9 a.m. to noon, 5K WALK/RUN at Yelm Middle School sponsored by Rotary Club of Yelm.
Activities continued from Saturday.
BOWLING TOURNAMENT at Prairie Lanes (Time TBD)
7-10 p.m., Goldfinch Productions will perform “AS YOU LIKE IT” on the small stage.